Honoring Chicagoland and National entities that use the arts to advance human welfare.
December 6, 2014, Jazz Showcase, 806 South Plymouth Court, South Loop, Chicago, 4:30 pm -7:30 pm
2014 FAHF announced with complete production details including hosts, award presenters, honoree categories, and national honorees.
CHICAGO – November – 2014 − Fashion and Arts Humanity Fete (FAHF) 2014 is set to announce the complete production lineup for FAHF,which includes prominent Chicagoland figures. FAHF confirmed award presenters are:
- Ayesha Jaco, Executive Director of the Lupe Fiasco Foundation
- Micaela Brown, Reporter for Chicago Suntimes’ Minority Report
- Diala Joseph, Philanthropist
- The Chicagonista LIVE Show, hosted by traditional & new media personalities, Nancy Loo of WGN News, MJ Tam of Chicagonista, Beth Rosen of Boomfluent, & Duong Sheahan of Digital Girlfriends
- Dr. Amara Enyia, 2015 Mayoral Candidate for Chicago
- Scott Fetters, Director of External Affairs at Chicago Music.org and Board of Directors at Chicago Music Commission
- Jason William Johnson, President of the Metropolitan Board of the Chicago Urban League and host of Personality Powered Networking
- Kasia Wereszczynska, Crisis Intervention Specialist and Founder of In Her Shoes Foundation
- Teddy Gilmore, owner of Nouveau Tavern Restaurant
- Alexis Klein-Ruiz of Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Chicago
- Carlos Trejo of Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Chicago and Development Coordinator at Cicero Catholic Schools
Entertainment will included a Red Carpet Reception hosted by actor Troy Pryor and ROCKit Convo hostesses. Live jazz music from The Mose Wanted Band will be provided throughout the evening, and K-Love The Poet will deliver a spoken word performance. Bella + Sophia will present a touching fashion presentation featuring her new designs. FAHF 2014 will be hosted by Lawrence “Binkey” Tolefree, poet, comedian, and actor who has been featured on BET, and who most recently hosted Marsha Ambrosius Live in Concert and weekly host of Soul Speak at the Shrine.
This year and going forward, FAHF will be set up like major award show productions. Honorees will be separated into categories, and one honoree will be selected as the 2014 FAHF Award Recipient based on their 2014’s humanitarian achievements. The new CARES category includes all honorees, but attendees choose this recipient via a live vote.
FAHF has expanded to included national honorees. Confirmed national honorees are:
- Heeling in Fashion, Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia
- Giving City Austin of Austin, Texas
- Nikki Blaine Couture of Zionsville, Indiana
- Artworks for Milwaukee of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Asante Children’s Theater of Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fla’Vore Productions of Atlanta, Georgia
- Level UP, of Gilbert, Phoenix Metropolitan Area, Arizona.
- Keia J. Events of Gilbert, Phoenix Metropolitan Area, Arizona
Fashion and Arts Humanity Fete, presented by The Arts of Humanity, is an annual awards show that honors entities that use the arts to advance human welfare. 100% of the proceeds benefit The Arts of Humanity, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that CARES about developing creative humanitarians.
“We have even more surprises this year at 2014’s Fashion and Arts Humanity Fete. We’ve been working very hard to increase attendee engagement and to gain national attention and participation” ~ Renita S. Manley-Garrett, Director of FAHF.
Limited early bird ticket sales end Tuesday, November 19th. Regular ticket sales begin Wednesday November 20th.
Updated 2014 Fashion and Arts Humanity Fete information available at theartsofhumanity.org/2014fahf/